“This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on my links”.
Cybersecurity should always be a top priority when tax season rolls around because you don’t want anyone accessing sensitive information. Ideally, you should always take precautionary steps when filing taxes online and dealing with sensitive files and information.
Exposing sensitive information puts you at risk of identity theft. Additionally, cybercriminals can use sensitive information to blackmail you.
Here are a few ways you can keep yourself safe during tax season:
- Use strong, unique passwords
- 2. Enable 2FA (two-factor authorization) whenever possible
- 3. Don’t use public wifi when filing taxes
- 4. Update your software
- 5. Backup everything
- 6. Don’t fall for phishing or wishing schemes
- 7. Don’t forget physical security
- 8. Monitor your filing for suspicious activity
- 9. Don’t share documents insecurely with your accountant
- 10. Use Keeper to share documents securely 40% Off Unlimited and Family Plans
Additionally, Passwords are a Pain! Let Keeper take care of them for you! Get 40% off Keeper Unlimited & Keeper Family
Protect important tax documents today & save 40% on Keeper Unlimited & Keeper Family 40% Off Keeper Unlimited and Family Plans and Add Ons